Monday, March 30, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Apparently this book, one of my all time favorites, is being made into a movie this year! Hoooraay! In other news; Owen had a spell yesterday so we are looking at Friday for a come home date.
Whenever I read one of my previous sad posts it really makes me appreciate everything Jesus does for me. I would never be able to "pull myself up by my bootstraps" if it weren't for Him. He is so amazing in the strength that he gives me and the endurance that he has set before me. I am so thankful for Him! I cannot imagine why we have gone through this as a family, but not knowing is just fine with me.
I know that God has a plan for me, I have seen it many times in the past. There have been so many times in my life when I have wondered why I am going through certain things only to be shown years later that it has taken me to where I am today. For example, I had to have my heart broken to move to Ames; if I hadn't moved to Ames I would never have met Nate. How can I question a God who gives me such amazing gifts?
There has been so much going on in our house recently it's crazy! William is going through a stage where he does not want to go to sleep; he just can't stand to miss anything! He is cognitively growing by leaps and bounds! He is counting to 10, saying most of his ABC's, and is using 2-3 word sentences constantly. Today we had this conversation: William: "Where Sammy?" Me: "Sammy is in the bedroom." William: "Sammy nigh nigh?" Me: "Yep, Sammy's night night."
From an educational standpoint this just astounds me! To know that for him to have this conversation with me many things have happened. He is able to understand object permanence, knowing that Sammy has gone somewhere, but that she exists in another place even though he can't see her. He also knows that when you are in a bedroom chances are you're sleeping. Not to mention that he has developed proper syntax for answering questions! Way to go Will! It is so amazing for me to watch his development when I am able to appreciate what it takes for him to say such things! Ahhh.
Alright, I think I am going to head into the kitchen for a snack of strawberries and whipped cream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment