Sunday, July 26, 2009

Squash and Tomato Pasta Sauce

Hello there! I have recently adapted a new lifestyle; I call it my "Jesus food diet". Basically the way it works is I only eat naturally occuring foods. I thought it would be difficult, but really; it's kind of fun! My biggest hurdle is chocolate.. So I'm just kind of really limiting it right now. I have been trying so many new recipes and am going to be sharing some of my favorites! Today.. Squash and Tomato Pasta Sauce. I am actually proud of this one because it is one of my very first attempts at creating something all on my own! Well... Here it is; enjoy!

1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 c red wine
1/2 summer squash, diced
1 starship squash, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz tomato sauce
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
small palmful dried oregano leaves
pinch marjoram
2 T extra virgin olive oil

In a skillet heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion and simmer until translucent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about a half an hour. If you feel you need a little extra liquid mix in some tomato juice. Serve over pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment