Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dream

The other night I had this dream... There was a huge lego base block, and it was covered with thousands, perhaps millions of single white lego blocks. I asked myself "what are those?" and I heard a voice say "each block represents a sin you have committed". I was dumbstruck. I felt lower than low. How could I have committed so many sins? I was then surrounded by warmth and knew that it didn't matter because they had all been forgiven. However, I was also struck with such conviction to do all I could to not sin. I know it sounds silly, but sometimes you are faced with difficult choices, and sometimes knowingly sinning. This dream reminded me completely of what I want to do for God. It isn't because I feel guilty, it isn't because I feel that it is my job, it is because I love my God, and I want to please him. This is why I try to live my life for God, not out of duty, but out of love. Just as he loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment